A veteran of the British Army, I have experienced my own and others mental health issues.
As well as this website, I also volunteer for a mental health charity, Express Group (Fife), in Fife, Scotland. I started volunteering for Express Group in August 2019.
I have completed a number of mental health-related courses, including:
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (Adult), July 2019.
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (Young People), July 2019.
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity, August 2019.
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems, 17 September 2019.
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, 05 November 2019 (certificate awarded 28 August 2020).
- Exercise and Mental Health (Free 2-hour OpenLearn course), 28 November 2019.
- Level 3 Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker, 29 November 2019.
- Trauma Informed Practice (Level 1), 15 January 2020.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), 10 March 2020.
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance, 23 July 2020.
- Peer Support Training, January 2021 (via Fife Voluntary Action, FVA).
- WRAP Training (Seminar 1) (07/08 February 2022).
- TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Mental Health Worker (RQF), September 2021 (certificate awarded 23 February 2022).
- Adult Support and Protection Awareness e-Learning Course (Fife Council) (03 June 2022).
- Fuel Poverty E-Learning Module (Fife Council) (06 September 2022).
Adult Support and Protection Awareness E-Learning Course Screenshots
Fuel Poverty E-Learning Module Screenshots
Courses to complete in the future include:
- Trauma Skill Practice (Level Two).
- Introduction to Alcohol Brief Intervention Course.
- Managing Self-Harm (Adults).
- COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate.
- WRAP Facilitator (?March/April 2022).