A veteran of the British Army, I have experienced my own and others mental health issues.
As well as this website, I also volunteer for a mental health charity, Express Group (Fife), in Fife, Scotland. I started volunteering for Express Group in August 2019.
I have completed a number of mental health-related courses, including:
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (Adult), July 2019.
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (Young People), July 2019.
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity, August 2019.
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems, August 2019 (awaiting certificate).
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, 05 November 2019 (awaiting certificate).
- Exercise and Mental Health (Free 2-hour OpenLearn course), 28 November 2019.
- Level 3 Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker, 29 November 2019.
- Trauma Informed Practice (Level 1), 15 January 2020.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), 10 March 2020.
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance, March 2020 (subject to moderation, pass letter 27 March 2020).
Courses to complete in the future include:
- Trauma Skill Practice (Level Two) (Booked for June 2020 – subject to Coronavirus lockdown!).
- Introduction to Alcohol Brief Intervention Course.
- Managing Self-Harm (Adults).
- COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate.
- PDA Mental Health Peer Support.