- Happiness Happens Day,
What is Happiness Happens Day?
In 1999 the Society declared 08 August as the “Admit You’re Happy Day”, now known as the “Happiness Happens Day”.
The idea was inspired by the event that happened the previous year on the same date- the first member joined the Society.
In 1998 the Society asked the governors in all 50 states for a proclamation, with nineteen of them sending one.
What is the Secret Society of Happy People?
Secret Society of Happy People (SOHP) is an organisation that celebrates the expression of happiness.
Founded in August 1998, the society encourages thousands of members from all around the globe to recognise their happy moments and think about happiness in their daily life.
Purpose of SOHP?
The Secret Society of Happy People supports people who want to share their happiness despite the ones who don’t want to hear happy news.
Their mottos include “Happiness Happens” and “Don’t Even Think of Raining on My Parade”.
The main purpose of the Society is to stimulate people’s right to express their happiness “as loud as they want”.
- Happiness Happens Month:
- Celebration of happiness was expanded in 2000, and thanks to the support of not-so-secretly-happy members from around the world, the Society declared August as Happiness Happens Month.
- The purpose of Happiness Happens Day and Month is to share happiness and encourage people to talk and think about happiness.
- Every year, the Society organises an online social media event known as HappyThon, on Happiness Happens Day.
- The aim of this event is to send inspirational messages via social networks, emails or texts, share happy moments, philosophy, quotes, etc.
- HappyThon is the first online social media event that promotes happiness around the world.
- Since 1998 the Society have been organising voting and announcing the Happiest Events and Moments of the Year.
- Before the end of the century, a vote for 100 of the Happiest Events, Inventions and Social Changes of the Century was organised.
- In the third week of January the Society hosted Hunt for Happiness Week.
- They asked the current governors for a proclamation, with seven of them providing one.