A science documentary hosted by Liev Schreiber, published by PBS in 2002 with English narration.
Part of the American Experience series.
John Nash, often called one of the most remarkable mathematicians in history, tells his version of the strange, tragic and inspiring events that took him from genius to immobilising illness to the Nobel Prize.
Suffering a devastating breakdown at the age of 30 and later diagnosed with schizophrenia, Nash was the focus of the 2001 Oscar-winning film ‘A Beautiful Mind‘.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Marks Samuels.
- Margaret Drain … executive producer.
- Sharon Grimberg … series editor.
- Randall MacLowry … producer.
- Melissa Martin … associate producer.
- Susan Mottau … coordinating producer.
- Mark Samels … senior producer.
- Greg Shea … post production producer.
- Writer(s): Marks Samuels and Randall MacLowery.
- Music: Tom Philips.
- Cinematography: Peter Donahue.
- Editor(s): Karen Schmeer.
- WGBH Educational Foundation.
- Yellow Jersey Films (as A Yellow Jersey Films Production for American Experience).
- Distributor(s): PBS.
- Release Date: 28 April 2002.
- Running Time:
- Country: US.
- Language: English.