Cognitive Analytic Supervision: A Relational Approach.
Author(s): Deborah Pickvance (Editor).
Edition: First (1st).
Type(s): Hardcover, Paperback, and Kindle.
Cognitive Analytic Supervision: A relational approach is the first book to present a cognitive analytic perspective on psychotherapy supervision. This edited collection of original chapters reflects the ways in which CAT therapists and supervisors have developed the model and used it in diverse settings. It is a significant contribution to the literature on relational psychotherapy supervision, written by established CAT supervisors, trainers and therapists who, together, have an enormous amount of professional and clinical experience.
The book covers important areas such as:
- The relational theory and practice of CAT supervision.
- A cognitive analytic conceptualisation of narcissistic difficulties.
- Intercultural issues in supervision (based on CAT training experience in India).
- Ethical and clinical dilemmas in supervision.
- Supervision of consultancy work.
Cognitive Analytic Supervision will be of interest to CAT supervisors, therapists and trainee supervisors, as well as supervisors and therapists working in other therapeutic models, in particular those with a relational approach. This book may be a useful bridge into relationally informed supervision for therapists who do not have an explicitly relational focus.