Sibyl is a 2019 French comedy-drama film directed by Justine Triet and starring Virginie Efira, Adèle Exarchopoulos and Gaspard Ulliel.
A jaded psychotherapist returns to her first passion of becoming a writer.
Sibyl is a psychotherapist who returns to her first passion: writing. Her newest patient, Margot, is a troubled up-and-coming actress, who proves to be too tempting a source of inspiration. Fascinated almost to the point of obsession, Sibyl becomes more and more involved in Margot’s tumultuous life.
- Virginie Efira as Sybil.
- Adèle Exarchopoulos as Margot Vasilis.
- Gaspard Ulliel as Igor Maleski.
- Sandra Hüller as Mikaela “Mika” Sanders.
- Laure Calamy as Édith.
- Niels Schneider as Gabriel.
- Paul Hamy as Étienne.
Filming took place in Paris, in studios located in Lyon and on the Italian island of Stromboli.
Sibyl received mixed reviews from critics.
- It was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Justine Triet.
- Producer(s): David Thion and Philippe Martin.
- Writer(s): Justine Triet and Arthur Harari.
- Cinematography: Simon Beaufils.
- Editor(s): Laurent Senechal.
- Production: Les Films Pelleas and Scope Films.
- Distributor(s): Le Pacte.
- Release Date: 24 May 2019 (Cannes International Film Festival).
- Running Time: 100 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: France and Belgium.
- Language: French and English (subtitles).
One thought on “Sibyl (2019)”
LikeLiked by 1 person