Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology.
Author(s): Robert Weinberg and Daniel Gould.
Edition: Fifth (5th).
Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers.
Type(s): Hardcover and Paperback.
Weinberg and Gould are back! Nearly 200,000 sold across 5 editions worldwide, this is the sport psychology textbook. This bestseller provides a thorough introduction to the key concepts of sport and exercise psychology, taking students on a unique journey through the origins and goals, key concepts and career options available in this field. A new edition brings enhanced design, artwork and photos and written by internationally respected authors, it provides students with a comprehensive view of sport and exercise psychology, bridging the gap between research and practice. Capture the excitement of the world of sport and exercise psychology.
- Chapter 1. Welcome to Sport and Exercise Psychology.
- Chapter 2. Personality and Sport.
- Chapter 3. Motivation.
- Chapter 4. Arousal, Stress, and Anxiety.
- Chapter 5. Competition and Cooperation.
- Chapter 6. Feedback, Reinforcement, and Intrinsic Motivation.
- Chapter 7. Group and Team Dynamics.
- Chapter 8. Group Cohesion.
- Chapter 9. Leadership.
- Chapter 10. Communication.