An Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Skills and Applications.
Author(s): Helen Kennerley, Joan Kirk, and David Westbrook.
Edition: Third (3rd).
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
Type(s): Hardcover, Paperback and Kindle.
This bestselling guide to the basic theory, skills and applications of cognitive behaviour therapy is fully updated to reflect recent developments in CBT theory. It includes in-depth material on working with diversity, and new case studies and exercises to help you reflect and explore how theory can be used to develop effective practice.
The Companion Website features over 40 videos illustrating the CBT skills and strategies discussed in the book, including:
- Measuring CBT’s effectiveness.
- Socratic method and applications.
- Physical techniques and behavioural experiments.
- Applications of CBT to specific client disorders.
- Using supervision in CBT.