Veterans struggling with PTSD are paired with service dogs as they undergo rehabilitation.
Man’s best friend is living up to its moniker in this docuseries. It presents stories of shelter dogs trained to help veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder re-acclimate to civilian life.
Each hourlong episode chronicles the rigorous process involved with pairing a vet with a service dog, an emotional journey whereby a suffering person and an abandoned dog come together to help each other.
Facilitating the unions is Paws and Stripes, the brainchild of Lindsey Stanek. Her husband, Jim – a retired US Army staff sergeant who served three tours in Iraq – suffered from severe PTSD before visits with a service dog helped him relax.
Inspired by his experience, and motivated by her love of dogs and country, Lindsey created the non-profit organisation that allows veterans to participate at no cost.
Dogs of War Series
The links take you to our sister website ‘MilitaryGogglebox.com’.
Production & Filming Details
- Peter LoGreco … (2 episodes, 2014).
- Peter LoGreco … executive producer (5 episodes, 2014).
- Kurt Schemper … supervising producer (5 episodes, 2014).
- Ashley York … producer (5 episodes, 2014).
- Erik Christensen … senior producer / Senior Producer / producer (4 episodes, 2014).
- Joe Makdisi … associate story producer (4 episodes, 2014).
- Ben Bloodwell … field producer (2 episodes, 2014).
- Sandra C. Alvarez … producer (1 episode, 2014).
- Joel Nassan … field producer (1 episode, 2014).
- Christopher Burke … executive producer (unknown episodes).
- Jared Cotton … executive producer (unknown episodes).
- Steve Stockman … executive producer (unknown episodes).
- Christian Lundberg … (5 episodes, 2014).
- Ben Bloodwell … (4 episodes, 2014).
- Erik Christensen … (5 episodes, 2014).
- Doyle Esch … (3 episodes, 2014).
- Production: Custom Productions and Redtail Media.
- Distributor(s): A+E Networks.
- Release Date: 11 November 2014 to 07 December 2014.
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.