Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing.
Author(s): Sheila L. Videback.
Edition: Eighth (8th); North American Edition.
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health.
Type(s): Paperback and Kindle.
With an accessible, clear and student-friendly approach, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing clarifies challenging concepts and helps you build a foundation for working successfully with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of care setting. The text explores the full spectrum of psychiatric nursing, helping you master specific nursing interventions, hone your therapeutic communication skills and learn to apply content effectively within the framework of the nursing process.
- New! Unfolding Patient Stories written by the National League for Nursing put the nursing process in a realistic context to prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions.
- Clinical Vignettes familiarise you with the features of major disorders you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogues help you perfect your communication skills with specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Best Practice boxes provide the latest evidence-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Self-Awareness features foster your personal and professional development through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify important concepts essential to your classroom and clinical success.
- Watch and Learn icons point you to corresponding true-to-life Lippincott(R) Theory to Practice Video Series videos for a richer understanding of important mental health disorders.
- Built-In Study Guide reinforces your understanding with multiple-choice questions, multiple-response questions and clinical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plans demonstrate effective approaches for addressing specific client disorders.
- Drug Alerts highlight essential concerns related to psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxes alert you to FDA considerations for specific medications.
- Cultural Considerations help you ensure culturally sensitive care for a wide range of client populations.
- Elder Considerations sections prepare you to care for the growing population of older adults.
- Client/Family Education boxes boost your teaching capabilities.
- Nursing Interventions etail key treatment strategies for specific disorders.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxes summarise the medical diagnostic features of specific disorders.