Pharmacotherapy Casebook – A Patient-Focused Approach.
Author(s): Terry Schwinghammer. Julia Koehler, Jill Borchert, Douglas Slain, and Sharon Park.
Edition: Eleventh (11ed).
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education.
Type(s): Paperback and Kindle.
Packed with 157 patient cases, Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach builds your problem-solving and decision-making skills, so you can identify and resolve the most common drug therapy challenges you will encounter in daily practice.
Its case-based approach is also ideal for PharmD, Nurse Practitioner, and other allied health courses. Providing a consistent, practical approach, this authoritative guide delivers everything you need to master patient communication, care plan development, and documenting interventions. Case chapters are organised into system sections that correspond to those of the companion textbook.
Sharpen your ability to:
- Identify actual or potential drug therapy problems.
- Determine the desired therapeutic outcome.
- Evaluate therapeutic alternatives.
- Design an optimal individualised pharmacotherapeutic plan.
- Evaluate the therapeutic outcome
- Provide patient education.
- Communicate and implement the therapeutic plan.
Develop expertise in pharmacotherapy decision making with:
- Realistic patient presentations that include medial history, physical examination, and laboratory data, followed by a series of questions using a systematic, problem-solving approach
- A broad range of cases – from a single disease state to multiple disease states and drug-related problems
- Expert coverage that integrates the biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences with therapeutics
- Appendices containing sample answer to several cases and valuable information on medical abbreviations, laboratory tests, mathematical conversion factors, and anthropometrics