Professor Tanya Byron and Alex Scott uncover the latest science on how to improve your mental health and wellbeing – and reveal some surprising new techniques.
Part of the BBC’s The Truth About series (you can currently view all episodes on the BBC iPlayer).
Clinical psychologist Professor Tanya Byron teams up with former England footballer Alex Scott, who has suffered from depression, to discover how the latest science can help us gain greater control over our state of mind and improve our mental health and wellbeing.
Even in normal times, one in four of us will experience mental health difficulties, but living through a global pandemic has put our mental health under unprecedented strain. Over the past year, a team from Imperial College London, in collaboration with the BBC, have surveyed the mental health of over 350,000 people across the UK. This unique study provides a snapshot before and during the pandemic, revealing its shocking impact.
Production & Filming Details
- Presenter(s): Tanya Byron and Alex Scott.
- Director(s): Ruhi Hamid.
- Matthew Barrett … series producer (as Matt Barrett).
- Tom Coveney … commissioning editor.
- Fay Finlay … assistant producer.
- Ruhi Hamid … producer (produced by).
- Christine Johnston … producer: Cohort.
- Mairead Maclean … assistant producer.
- Jane McLaughlin … talent executive.
- Paul Overton … executive producer.
- Jacqueline Smith … executive producer.
- Writer(s): Claudia Lewis (developed by).
- Editor(s): Clyde Wallbanks and Lauri White.
- Distributor(s): BBC One.
- Release Date: 20 January 2021 (UK).
- Running Time: 57 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.