Book Title: Child Psychology & Development for Dummies
Author(s): Laura L. Smith, PhD and Charles H. Elliott, PhD.
Publisher: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Grasp a child’s cognitive development, detect abnormalities, and learn what to do next.
An essential guide for parents, teachers, and caregivers, Child Psychology & Development For Dummies provides an informational guide to cognitive development at every stage of a child’s life, as well as expert tips and guidance on how to diagnose, treat, and overcome the cognitive barriers that impede learning and development.
- The nuts and bolts – delve into the soup of kids’ development, including biology, psychology, learning, environment, and culture.
- What makes kids tick? – discover how heredity, environment, experience, and culture interact to determine a child’s physical and emotional development.
- Watch them grow – get an understanding of what a “normal” childhood should look like from conception through adolescence, and the types of behaviours to anticipate throughout.
- Learn to spot trouble – find out what can go wrong during a child’s development, from physical problems like chronic illness to psychological problems like autism.
- Ask for help – get expert guidance on the therapies and interventions that work, and how you can collaborate with professionals for an even better outcome.