Psychiatric Drugs Explained.
Author(s): David Healy (MD, FRCPsych).
Edition: Sixth (6th).
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone.
Now in its sixth edition, and written by an author internationally recognised in his field, Psychiatric Drugs Explained offers a wealth of information in a handy easy-to-use format. Organised by disorder, and providing a comprehensive review of drug effects, action and side-effects, this fully updated new edition covers the latest drugs on the market, and explores changes in prescribing practice.
The author’s approach is distinctive and reader-friendly, to help guide mental health professionals through the benefits and impacts of psychotropic drugs. Additional topics include management of disorders including stimulants and drugs for children, cognitive impairment and sleep disorders.
- Includes management of disorders including stimulants and drugs for children, cognitive impairment and sleep disorders.
- Gives particular focus on areas that are of major concern to mental health practitioners including management of dependence and withdrawal and issues of consent, abuse and liability.
- ‘User Issues’ boxes highlight the most crucial aspects of drug effects and their implications.
- Key references point the reader to the most up-to-date research and literature in the field.
- Fresh design and updated artwork gives added appeal to the volume.
- Organised by disorder this new edition now covers the latest drugs on the market and explores changes in prescribing practice.
- Includes updated references pointing the reader to the most recent research and literature in the field.